Friday , 14 December 2018

Updates on acquired immuno deficiency syndrome

Pallaprolu Jahnavi*, 1Dasari Chandu Priyanka, 2Jarugula Nagaraja
M A M College of Pharmacy, Kesanupalli, Narasaraaopet, Guntur -522601, Andhra Pradesh

A B S T R A C T
This report provides information to increase understanding on the public health impact of HIV. Currently only 60% of people with HIV know their status. The remaining 40% (over 14 million people) still need to access HIV testing services. In 2016, 1 million people died from AIDS-related illnesses. The immune system cannot control or cure the infection in those with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Antiretroviral therapy does not remove the virus from the body but, however this treatment can keep the HIV low for long time. If once the treatment stops, antiretroviral therapy also will not protect the body from the attacked virus. It is typically transmitted via sexual intercourse, shared intravenous drug paraphernalia, and mother-to-child transmission (MTCT), which can occur during the birth process or during breastfeeding because it is a blood-borne virus. The main objective of this is to review progress of new updates in therapeutic developments.
Keywords: HIV, pathogenesis, transmission, therapeutic development.

Scroll To Top